AAIFF45 Community Agreement
At the Asian American International Film Festival (AAIFF), we aim to always prioritize the well-being and comfort of our Festival attendees, filmmakers, staff, volunteers, and community partners.
As such, this Community Agreement lays out our expectations of our AAIFF community in pursuit of a kind, inclusive, and welcoming atmosphere.
See below our Community Guidelines we hope all Festival attendees will abide by, in order to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone:
- Treat others with respect. AAIFF welcomes everyone, regardless of their race, ethnicity, religion, age, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, economic status, or immigration status. We ask that all Festival goers treat others with dignity and refrain from discriminatory or demeaning behavior or speech.
- Respect others’ personal boundaries. Prioritize consent when making physical contact with others. Avoid unwelcome attention, harassment, stalking, and inappropriate physical contact with others.
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, we request that all Festival attendees take the following steps in order to ensure the safety of those around them:
- Be fully vaccinated. While vaccination requirements for indoor dining and entertainment in NYC business was lifted on March 7, 2022, we ask that all attendees of our in-person Festival events either be fully vaccinated (defined as having received EITHER one dose of a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine OR the second dose of a two-dose series of a COVID-19 vaccine, within the past two weeks) or have received a negative COVID-19 test during the 24 hours prior to the event. Abiding by this Community Guideline will decrease the likelihood of you contracting or spreading COVID-19.
- Remain masked during indoor screenings, panels, and events. Except when actively eating or drinking, we ask that Festival guests remain masked with a face covering their mouth and nose during our indoor events. If you forgot your mask at home, don’t worry – we will have masks available at our check-in/registration tables for your use.
- Practice social distancing. Wherever possible, maintaining a minimum of 6 feet away from other Festival attendees, as well as avoiding close contact while unmasked, will reduce your chances of contracting or spreading COVID-19.
- Self-monitor for any symptoms of sickness. If you find yourself feeling sick or exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 or any other illness, we ask that you stay home in order to prevent any unnecessary spreading of illness.
- Practice good hygiene. In order to reduce the spread of illness, we highly encourage all guests to wash or sanitize their hands regularly with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or with the inside of your elbow.
Please also note that all Festival attendees are subject to any health/safety guidelines or entry requirements that may be enforced by Festival venues. Check the venue’s website ahead of time for information on mask requirements and any required vaccination checks.